It would be best to maintain a healthy weight According to the American Cancer society that those who are over weight people or obese are almost certainly to encounter cancer.
Eat fruits and vegetables Eat five or more servings of fruits and vegetables each day, for fruits and vegetables are rich in phytochemicals. Phytochemicals include antioxidants and are good in fighting the growth of cancer in the body. The following fruits and vegetables are good in the prevention of cancer cell: Tomatoes, broccoli and cauliflower are best to prevent and reduce the risk of the cancer.
Flavonoids are becoming very popular because they have many health promoting effects this can be acquired by eating apples and onion. Some of the activities credited to flavonoids include: anti-allergic, anti-cancer, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral.
Go Organic Studies shows that pesticides and herbicides that are used in the food that we eat can cause cancer.
Eat High in Fiber Foods Foods and diets that are rich in fiber can decrease the growth of cancer cells in the body especially the breast cancer in women. Food that are made of refine flour and has undergone enriched bleaching on the label can be harmful to the body. Highly process bread and pasta should be avoided instead it would be better to eat whole grain and whole-wheat products for it is rich in fiber content.
Eat fish instead of meat – Fish and other foods that are rich in Omega 3 lowers the risk of having complication and eventually lead to cancer. It would be best to lower the intake of food that is high in saturated fat. Using olive oil in cooking can be beneficial as well since it has cancer-fighting ingredient.
Smoking Cigarette smoking causes 87 percent of lung cancer deaths according to study. Lung cancer is the principal source of cancer death in both men and women. Smoking is also accountable
For most cancers of the larynx, oral cavity and pharynx, esophagus, and bladder.
Stress How we handle stress can have an impact on our health. Today, There is no proof that stress is a direct cause of cancer. But there is some link between stress and developing certain kinds of cancer, as well as how the disease progresses.
Alcohol Drinking too much alcohol can be bad to the body. Severe alcohol drinking is linked with the following cancers: mouth, throat, breast, esophagus, liver, colon and rectum. Alcohol also detriment the inside layer of internal organs and decreases the ability of the body to fight cancer. It would be best to minimize the alcohol intake every week. Though, red wine is believed to contain antioxidant that would be beneficial to the body. Moderation is the key to prevent this illness
Don’t Eat Meat Having meat on your diet often can be harmful to the health for it may cause cancer. High-fat diets be likely to be higher in calories and may fuel the risk of overweight or obesity, which in turn, increase cancer risk.
How to Prevent Eye Cancer
Learn the Risk Factors Associated With Eye Cancer
1 . Find out if your family has ever had a history of eye cancer or other forms of cancer, as this contributes to your risk.
2. Know the risk factors associated with eye cancer. Major factors include blue eyes, inherited melanoma, prolonged exposure to the sun and extensive time spent welding.
3. Report any abnormal eye functions and pain to your doctor as soon as they develop.
4. Don’t wait for symptoms to become unavoidable before you find out what the cause may be. An early diagnosis can result in a more effective and less invasive treatment.
Take Action to Prevent Eye Cancer
1. Keep your immune system healthy through diet, exercise, proper nutrition and safe sexual habits.
2. Try not to spend long periods of time exposed to the sun’s rays.
3. Wear protective eye-wear that blocks at least 99 percent of ultraviolet rays.
4. Limit your exposure to radiation and welding.
5. Prevent exposure of your eyes to harmful chemicals and carcinogens.
6. Talk to your doctor about any other specific steps you can take if you are at risk.