It is currently 12:50am Sunday night/Monday morning, and I am sitting in our futon bed, exhausted from working all weekend. Exhausted, but blissful. My love is sitting next to me, watching a movie. Our dog, Arlo, is running around the apartment, doing who knows what. I just finished sending out a coaching email, and I am excited to share a new soup recipe with you guys.
I am half asleep, so I’m not going to give you a long post detailing how great this soup tastes, or how wonderful all of the ingredients are for you. What I will say is, I love soup, I love curry, and this recipe combines them beautifully. Oh, and curry is really good for you.
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t turmeric
- 1 T curry powder
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T fresh ginger, minced
- 6 cups veggie broth (or 6 cups water w/ veggie boullion)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- cilantro as garnish
1. Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the cumin, turmeric, and curry powder. Let it cook for about a minute.
2. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger to the pot, and saute for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, excluding the cilantro, and turn the heat up to high. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, and let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
4. Top with cilantro, and serve.