The only thing better than a green smoothie, is a green smoothie with chocolate. Today’s Thirsty Thursday smoothie is inspired by one of my formerly favorite candy bars, the Almond Joy! That combo of coconut, almond, and chocolate is absolutely mouth-watering!
Almond Joy Green Smoothie
- 1 cup dark chocolate almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes or coconut butter
- 2 T almond butter
- 1 T chocolate or vanilla brown rice protein powder
- 1 T ground flax seeds
- 1 banana
- 2 handfuls kale
- 4-5 ice cubes
1. Put the coconut flakes in the blender, and blend on high for a few seconds to transform some of the coconut into coconut butter. This makes for a smoother smoothie. Or use coconut butter in its place.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend on high for 30-60 seconds.
The candy bar translates amazingly to smoothie form! Not to mention that it’s packed with healthy fats, protein, and antioxidants!
I enjoyed this smoothie after my 4 mile run this morning, and followed it up with a slice of Ezekiel bread toast with avocado and sea sat. So delicious and full of nutrients!