Hey folks! It’s Meatless Monday over here yet again!
Today I have a super easy recipe for you that is chock full of protein and deliciousness. It’s also reminiscent of my favorite Taco Bell order as a child, the bean burrito. I just vegan-ized and healthified it a bit.
The awesome thing about these bean burritos is that they’re totally freezable! Simply pop them in the microwave to bring them back to life.
For those of you who are intimidated by burrito rolling, I have step-by-step instructions and photographs to walk you through the process.
T-Bell Style Bean Burritos
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 T coconut oil
- garlic powder to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 3 T Daiya cheddar “cheese”
- 1 T red onion, finely chopped
- hot sauce to taste
- 3 burrito-sized tortillas
1. Add the beans, coconut oil, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper to a food processor. Process until mostly smooth.
2. Lay out a tortilla on a plate or your counter top. Scoop about 1/3 of the bean mixture into the center of the tortilla. Top it with a tablespoon of Daiya, a teaspoon of red onion, and a good sprinkling of hot sauce (I used Cholulua.)
8. For an even healthier alternative, trade the tortilla for a collard green leaf, and eat it cold.
I pair a burrito with a side of steamed broccoli for lunch yesterday. It was so so good!
Hope you enjoy it!