It’s Meatless Monday yet again, folks!
I’ve got a great recipe for you today! An especially great one for all you mashed potato lovers out there!
It’s another one of those super easy, tasty dishes, that can be made into a complete meal by simply adding vegetables. It has protein and starch, plus a flavor and creaminess that’s to die for.
Protein Mashed Potatoes
- 3 Russett potatoes
- 1 16oz can cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream (I used Tofutti brand.)
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper to taste.
- 2 green onions, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wash and quarter potatoes. Place them in a pan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat, and allow potatoes to simmer until they are easily pricked with a fork.
2. Drain the potatoes, and add them to your food processor. Add the other remaining ingredients, as well. Process until everything is smooth and creamy.
3. Transfer from the food processor to a medium-sized oven safe container. Bake for about an hour. Top with green onions and serve.
I took some to work with a side of Brussels sprouts. It was sooo good! Plus the protein from the beans, nutritional yeast and “sour cream” make it quite filling!
You can easily customize this dish by serving it with different sides or toppings. I bet that your favorite baked potato toppings would go great with this dish as well. I just started having dreams of these potatoes with a side of chili. Talk about a protein bomb!
Well, Keenan just brought home Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe for the PS3, so I’ve got to see what this is all about! I hope you have an amazing day full of great food!
PS. Did you know that at least 18% of the world’s green house gas emissions are from livestock farming?? Cut out meat for at least one meal or day a week, and help make a difference for our planet’s future!
PPS. Don’t forget to enter my new giveaway!!!