Sorry for being such a lazy blogger lately! It’s actually been nice to completely put the blog out of my head this last week and take a bit of a mental vacay. Of course, it eventually called me back, as always. I swear I start to get a little twitch when I go without blogging for too long!
Last week, my friend Shauna tagged me in this lovely Q&A post! I figured it was about time that I got around to responding, so here it goes!
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 11 new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
4. Tag 11 people and link them on your post
5. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
11 Facts About Lindsay
1. I grew up hating most veggies. Pretty sure broccoli was the only thing my mom could successfully feed me on a regular basis.
2. I really want to travel once I can afford to. There isn’t anywhere I wouldn’t want to go see.
3. I did ballet from 6th grade until I graduated high school. I miss it sooo much.
4. I actually met my boyfriend at my dance studio, when we were in 8th and 9th grade, although we didn’t start dating until 10 years later! (He wanted me to note that he was not a dancer; he was dating another dancer at the time.)
5. We almost didn’t buy Arlo. I was in love, but he was $300. The most expensive Humane Society dog I’ve ever seen! I got into the car to leave, looked at Keenan and said, “I can’t leave him here!” We went right back into the store and we got him. He would have ended up going home with the foo-foo old lady behind us if we hadn’t gone back. He fits in with us so incredibly well, and is a major part of our family. Best $300 I ever spent! (Sorry that my fact turned into a narrative!)
6. The only shade of pink that I like is hot pink, but I love hot pink.
7. I have a Marilyn Monroe calendar in my kitchen. <3
8. My favorite place that I’ve ever visited was southern France in the middle of summer. The Meditteranean is the most amazing shade of turquoise.
9. For some reason I’m terrified of turning 25 this year.
10. I still have my icicle lights up around my sliding glass doors. They’ve made the transition from Christmas decor to winter decor. I just love their glow too much to let them go yet.
11. This is the first time in six years that I haven’t completely hated the snow. Somehow I made peace with it this year. As long as I manage to stay safe going to and from work, I will choose to just enjoy the serene beauty of the snow!
Questions from Shauna
1. Do you like crunchy or creamy peanut butter more? Creamy!
2. Dogs or cats? (Or bunnies, like me!) Dogs. But mostly just Arlo.
3. You have one day, one chance, to do something awesome and not fail. What is it? Maybe dance in the Nutcracker again (I’ve been in it 7 times). I have weird dreams about it sometimes where I’m about to perform, but don’t have my costume and haven’t been to any rehearsals. It’s a bit strange.
4. What is your worst habit? Not picking up after myself. I am a huge slob. I’m working on it though.
5. What is your favorite dessert? Ice cream. Or cheesecake.
6. Who is your role model, or someone you look up to? Kris Carr is one of my big role models. She’s so positive and inspiring, and her book is what finally turned me off of animal products.
7. Which year was your best birthday? 24 was pretty awesome. We had a party at our old apartment in Bremerton. It was a great night.
8. What is your favorite thing about your significant other, or, which trait is a deal breaker for you? I love that we’re such good friends. We have fun just hanging out, or doing just about anything together.
9. What is your favorite color? Burgundy.
10. Show me where your dream vacation would be.
11. Which animal would you want to be and why? A housecat, because you lie around and nap in sunbeams all day, and your people feed you twice a day. Take about care free!
Now it’s your turn!
1. Brittany from Itty Bits of Balance
2. Beth from Nelson Notes
3. Nina from S.L.O. Foodie
4. Raquel from Ovenmitts Vegan Blog
5. Jenn from Peas and Crayons
6. Hanna from A Chai Kind of Day
7. Bee from Bee Goes Bananas
8. Sarah from Pearl and Pine
9. Emily from Run Emily Run
10. Leah from Leftovers for Lunch
11. Chicken Marie from Vegan Girl Swag
Questions from Lindsay for the 11 People Above to Answer:
1. What are you most passionate about?
2. What is your favorite thing about winter time?
3. What was your most hated food as a child?
4. Where is your favorite city in the US?
5. What do you like most about your current job (or about school if you’re a student who isn’t working)?
6. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream (or faux ice cream)?
7. Have you ever had a green smoothie before?
8. What is your favorite movie ever?
9. If you could start over and choose a completely new career path, what would you choose and why?
10. What is a food that you love that other people think is gross?
11. Where would you like to live someday, other than where you are now?
Can’t wait to see the responses!
Regular posts should be back tomorrow. Thanks for your patience with me! You have no idea how much I love writing for you all.