Good evening, everyone!!! How was your Tuesday? Beautiful and full of good food, I hope!
I promised in my post this morning (and to my friends and family) that I would be giving up my amazing vegan zucchini bread recipe tonight! So, here is the second recipe of Zucchini Week!
Vegan Zucchini Bread
(adapted from this recipe)
6 tbsp ground flax seeds whisked into 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp warm water
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup applesauce
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1. Combine flax mixture, oil, applesauce, brown sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
2. Grate zuccchini, and mix into the wet ingredients.
3. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a separate mixing bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. It’s okay if it is a bit lumpy.
5. Grease two loaf pans, and add half of the batter to each pan.
6. Bake the loaves at 350 degrees for 35+ minutes, or until you can stick a knife in the center and the blade comes out clean. (The original recipe called for 35 minutes, but my oven is super screwy, and it actually took my loaves 1 hour 15 minutes to bake! Crazy!)
7. Gently remove loaves from the pans, and allow to cool slightly on a cooling rack. This bread is wonderful warm, as well as after it is cooled, with a swipe of Earth Balance, or plain.
This recipe came out super moist and chewy. I am totally in love. I have a feeling that I’m going to end up making at least a couple more batches of this bread before zucchini season is over!
I actually took a loaf with me to work today to share, and my co-workers all gushed about it! Maybe they were just being polite, but I’ll take it!
1. I woke up again this morning to my puppy dog curled up between my arm and my body. I loooooove when he snuggles with me!
2. How much everyone enjoyed my zucchini bread! I hope you enjoy it just as much!
3. We had a fun meeting at work today! Team-building games are always a riot!
What made you happy today? What are your fall food staples?
Have a great night!