While I’m off at work today, Keenan, his mom, and our friend, Manny, are beginning to move our stuff into our new apartment!! Tonight should officially be out first night spent in the new place! So excited! I’m so grateful to them for doing all the hard work, since I’m working all weekend. I am truly blessed.
This morning, I started my day off with a soy chai from a random little stand on the side of the highway.
I’m supposed to be off the chai right now for budgeting reasons, but this guy was only $3.10! Way cheaper than the usual Starbucks chai, and it tasted better as well.
I also snacked on a honey graham Clif Z Bar.
Lunch was my usual salad.
- Shredded carrot
- Bell pepper
- Sunflower seeds
- Annie’s Goddess dressing
However, the real star of the show today was my dinner, and the next recipe for Zucchini Week!
Vegan Creamy Zucchini Soup
(adapted from this recipe)
4 tbsp Earth Balance vegan margarine
1 large clove elephant garlic, minced
1 red onion, sliced
1.5 lbs zucchini, chopped
1 large potato, chopped
4 cups veggie broth
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt Earth Balance in a 4 quart pot over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and onion to the pot, and allow it cook until the onion is soft.
3. In a separate pot, boil potatoes until soft.
4. Add the zucchini and potato to the garlic and onions, along with the remaining ingredients, and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
5. Transfer to blender and puree. Be sure to only fill the blender half way, and to hold the lid on tightly with a towel.
6. Serve alone, or with black beans if you want some extra protein.
I’ve been enjoying this soup for the last three days straight, and I am definitely a fan. Yet another great way to use up some of the zucchini bounty.
If you missed out, here are the other recipes so far from Zucchini Week:
Three things that made me happy today:
1. I got to see both of my parents this morning! My dad dropped off boxes for moving (he and my step-mom just moved into a new house this past week!), and my mom dropped off my wallet that I left in her car yesterday! It was brief, but still good to see them, since I don’t know how often I will get to see them once the move is complete!
2. I get to skip out on the hardest part of the moving process: the actual moving! Thank you, Keenan, Val and Manny!
3. I get to spend the night in my beautiful new apartment tonight!!!
What was the best thing you ate today?
Have a great night!