Heyy!! Things have been pretty slow around my place today. Just a very lazy day off with Keenan, watching movies and wrestling with the pup.
Last night, Keenan’s friend, Brooke, came into Seattle for her birthday! We all enjoyed a fun night out in the city, complete with our group of five staying in the “Slumber Party Room” of the Moore Hotel, right in the heart of downtown Seattle.
The hotel has leopard print carpet. I’m obsessed.
He’s pretty cool too. If you’ll notice, almost every picture that I have of Keenan is a candid shot. That boy absolutely hates having his picture taken! I think he’s too cute not to photograph though.
Since I’ve only managed to move between my bed and the couch, and then back to the bed, I really haven’t done much in the way of food photography. That, and my meal choices have mostly been based on what goes best with a hangover. Not the best way to make healthy decisions about food.
Instead, I will give you my three good things for the first two days of The Happiness Project!
- Heading to work yesterday, I walked by a group of 4 or 5 year olds with a teacher, sitting around with white paper, boards, and pencils, drawing the cityscape. It put a huge smile on my face to see it, and inspired me to try to be more artistic.
- Brooke and Alex came into town from Astoria! It’s always good to see those girls.
- This little guy was our “towel friend” at the hotel! Isn’t he adorable?
- I got to spend my day off today, being lazy and laughing with my boyfriend and our dog. That’s pretty much a perfect day for me.
- I watched two new-to-me old movies today on Netflix that I enjoyed. Harry and the Hendersons, and Angus. Good stuff.
- My boyfriend just picked me up a delicious natural Mexican berry popsicle. Perfect for a muggy night! I
I could have come up with many more things for both days that made me happy. Even just in my first day of knowing I would have to list good things that happened to me, I found myself creating things to make me happy, or the things that made me happy stood out to me more because I was recognizing them. This project’s off to a great start, and I can’t wait to see how it goes!
What were your three things that made you happy today?